If you’re new in your search for a web design service, this can be an exhausting, daunting task, and the more you Google it all, the more the information is conflicting. We’ve all heard horror stories about projects that go over budget, take twice as long as expected, and end up being a complete disaster. It’s no wonder that so many businesses are hesitant to invest in a new website. However, we believe that the benefits of working with a professional far outweigh the risks. When you choose the right partner, they will act as an extension of your team and work with you to create a website that meets your unique needs. They will also be able to provide ongoing support and maintenance, ensuring that your site is always up-to-date.
Your website is an extension of you and your organization—it’s who you are, what you do, and how you do it. It needs to be functional and logical while maintaining the aesthetics and character of your brand. In other words, it’s got to look good and work well. That’s why finding the right people to develop and design your site is so important. You need a team that understands your vision and can translate it into a website that is both visually appealing and easy to use. But more than that, you need a team that is responsive to your needs and easy to work with. After all, this is a big decision and investment, so you want to be sure you’re working with those who have your back.
Fortunately, we are going to give you the top 5 things to look for in a web design service. The following should make your search less confusing:
5. They should have the skills and experience to be able to do your project.
While the complexity of a website project is not always an indicator of a web designer’s skill level, it is important to consider how complex your desired website is before you begin your search for a designer.
If you are looking for a website that includes complex features such as customer relationship management (CRM) integrations, search engine optimization (SEO), or e-commerce capabilities, you will want to make sure that your potential web designer has the experience and credentials necessary to deliver on your vision. By taking the time to consider the complexity of your project upfront, you can save yourself a lot of headaches later on.
When you’re interviewing website design and development firms, you want to know that they have the experience and expertise to build the site you need. Here are some questions to ask to get a sense of their qualifications:
- How long have you been in business?
- What kind of websites do you specialize in?
- How many websites have you built?
- Can you show me some examples of your work?
- Do you have any awards or accolades for your work?
- What qualifications do your team members have?
- How will you be building my website? (In-house team? Freelancers?)
- What is your project management philosophy?
- Can I access the project management system and track the progress of my site’s development?
4. They should have a great web design portfolio.
A professional web design company should have its portfolio easily accessible for you to view. This is important because it will give you an idea of the company’s style and whether or not they are a good fit for your project. When looking at a portfolio, pay attention to the following things: At a glance, do you like their design work? Does it look all the same? Is it all for a similar industry? If you answer yes to all three of these questions, then the company is probably a good fit for your project.
Any good web design company should be able to provide you with a variety of website design examples that show off their range of skills. But it’s not just about how pretty their websites look – vitally important though that is. You also need to consider how easy the websites are to use, how accessible they are, and how likely users are to convert once they land on the site. A clean, simple user flow is vital, as are clear and effective calls to action. And make sure you can see the websites in action for yourself – ask for URLs of sites the company has worked on and takes some time to explore them. By doing your research, you can be sure you’re choosing a web design company that will create a site that looks great AND works well. Here are some suggested questions to ask when discussing what they have created:
- Can you provide the URLs of the websites you’ve built?
- What is your design process? Your user testing process?
- What industries have you built websites for?
- How do you make sure your websites are accessible to all?
- Do you use responsive design for your websites?
- What do you think some of the website design trends will be in the next 1-2 years?
3. They should have a website design process.
A potential web designer’s approach and process to website design are important factors to consider when hiring someone for the job. You want to make sure that you are on the same page with the designer and that their process is collaborative. The last thing you want is a one-way street where the designer doesn’t listen to your ideas or take them into consideration. Instead, you want a partnership where both parties are able to share their ideas and come up with a plan that works best for everyone involved. By understanding the approach and process a potential web designer takes to website design, you can be sure that you are hiring someone who will be a true partner in the project. Make sure their team understands your vision from the start to finish without having to spend lots of time. Below are Some suggested questions you should ask when discussing what they have created:
What does your website design process look like?
- How interactive is the process?
- How involved do I have to be? At what point will I be brought in?
- What happens if there is scope creep?
2. Your team’s personality and the website design service team’s personality should match.
When you are interviewing a potential web designer for your project, it is important to gauge their design approach to see if it matches your own. A good web designer will take a collaborative
approach, working with you to understand your vision for the website and then offering their own ideas and suggestions. They should be open to hearing your feedback and willing to make revisions based on your input. At the same time, you should also value their professional opinion and allow them some creative freedom in the design process. If you can find a designer whose approach is compatible with your own, you are more likely to end up with a website that you love.
Questions you may want to ask to help with this step include:
- How did you get into building websites?
- What do you like most about what you do?
- What do you do in your spare time?
1. Their prices should fit within your budget.
If they can do everything you need and it all looks and functions properly, but you can’t afford them, then you can’t proceed because it’s not feasible. We placed pricing as the number one thing because it’s huge. It’s everything. Getting quotes from various web designers is a best practice for any organization leader. But it’s important to pay attention to the fine print and what is being offered. For example, some web designers bill hourly, while others charge a flat rate. And Hourly rates can vary widely. So be sure to ask about that upfront. Also, some pricing is inclusive, while another pricing is ongoing (subscription-based). So again, be sure to ask about that before making any decisions. By taking the time to understand the pricing structure, you can be sure you’re getting the best value for your money.
The questions to ask when it comes to pricing or quotes are:
- What’s included in the price?
- Does this include basic SEO, testing, domain registration, content writing, and testing?
- What does it include, hosting, and ongoing maintenance?
- How many revisions does this include?
- By getting all the details upfront, you can be sure that you’re getting a fair price for the services you need. Speaking of what’s included, fair pricing, and what’s included with a quote, here at MyMarketingPass, we think you’ll love what we offer at a price that is extremely affordable. We give you UNLIMITED, ON-DEMAND marketing, which includes:
- Unlimited Graphic Design quickly brings your ideas to life!
- Unlimited Website Building gives you the freedom to create experiences.
- Unlimited Writing gives your company the right voice.
- Unlimited Automation means systems you can rely on.
- Unlimited Social Media Posting grants access to easy daily activity.
- Unlimited Revisions lets you refine the details until you love it!
- Create Your Success Map With Certified Digital Marketers.
- Total Freedom With One monthly membership means lower overhead and increased productivity!
You get all this and so much more at ONE AFFORDABLE MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP.
Learn how it all works here: https://mymmp.wpengine.com/
Check out some of our clients’ reviews and our monthly membership pricing here: https://mymmp.wpengine.com/
Schedule your tour and ask all your questions here: https://mymmp.wpengine.com/